Faridoon Shahryar's Blog


Tuesday, November 9, 2010

"My dream (to meet SRK) came true so why not yours"


"If it's your dream to meet SHAH RUKH KHAN, just believe in it," says 20 year old Athar Sedki, a Shahrukh Khan fan from Belgium who recently met SRK while he was shooting for Farhan Akhtar's 'Don 2' in Berlin. And that too on Khan's birthday. "We love him as an actor, but also as a father, husband and person, he's an example," Athar adds. I've known Athar through twitter @atharluvsrk for quite some time. In fact she's very regular in tweeting to me and her innocent vivaciousness is infectious and very charming. In the first of a kind attempt I decided to interview Athar about the experience of meeting her idol. I believe we can do this more often with other fans as well. Hope you enjoy this post.


How did you decide to travel from Belgium to Berlin? What is your city's name? How did you travel? How many hours did it take?

A: Well, I decided to travel with my friend Ellie, by Bus. i live in Brussel, and it take 10 hours!

How did your parents react to it?

My mother was happy for me to know that i'll go there only to see Shah Rukh and others Bollywood Stars, She always tells me that i'm a real Shah Rukh Fan :)

I believe your birthday is near SRK's as well...what is your birth date? and how old are you?

My birthday is on 24th October , i'm 20.

4) Since when have you been Shahrukh's fan?

Since i was about 9-10 years, he gave me desire to become an actress, in your wonderful country!

I believe SRK had once replied to you on twitter. How was that experience?

First, i didn't believe it when i saw that he wrote my name and replied, then i cried ha ha .that's so wonderful of him to take his precious time for us.

How much time did you have to wait before you finally met SRK in Berlin?

I waited (with Ellie) 6 days to meet him, so i met him the day of his birthday .

How did you approach the organisers to allow you to meet SRK?

Was (like others fans) at the sets of Don 2, and Shah Rukh came to see us !

What kind of problems did you face while waiting for SRK?
Waited a lot in the cold and it's not very easy to talk to him with the security.

How do you define the moment when you met and saw SRK in flesh and blood the first time around?

Just PERFECT !! Cried, laughed, he's so cute in real more than on tv, pics etc...

What were the first words you said to SRK? What were the first words spoken by SRK to you?

I said to him oh my god! Hello! he said Thank you with a smile

Who had you gone with to meet SRK?

Ellie , she's a big fan of him and i met a super fan there from Austria , her name is Marie-Stella.

How much time did you spend with SRK?

Few minutes, because lots of fans were there.

What all did you speak about during your meeting with SRK?

Was very nervous so couldn't talk a lot, but we took pictures, he signed on my Shah RUkh Khan's BOok, and we sang with Ellie happy birthday to him.

What is the best thing that you noticed about SRK during your meeting?

I noticed that he was very patient, kind , polite.

Did you get autograph? How many pics did you click with him? Which pic is your favourite?


Yes got Autographe, took 2 pics with him, and took lots of pics of him alone ! my favourite is of course me with him.

How did you feel when you were about to leave after having met SRK?

I said no it didn't happend, and i felt very weird and a bit sad ! but HAPPY!!!

How was the night before meeting SRK and how was the night after meeting SRK?

Before the meeting was very excited and nervous, and after couldn't sleep well, i wanted to meet him again and again.

What was the reaction of your friends and family when you told them that you have met SRK?

I posted the pics on twitter and facebook, and nobody believed that i met him LOL, everyone told me FINALLY after years you saw him in real.my mum is the first person who was happy for me, wince i was very young that i talk about ShAH RUKH KHAN, so now she understand, she tells me , i hope one day you'll become an actress like , he is !

Was meeting SRK the best experience of your life?

YEs !! and also the best experience ever ! don't know how will thank him, but hope that he'll read my tweet on twitter !

Any other information that you'd like to share about your meeting with SRK?

I just want to tell to all Shah RUkh fan , if it's your dream to meet SHAH RUKH KHAN, just believe in it. My dream came true so why not yours? :)

Is there anything that you wanted to tell SRK but couldn't?

Yes i wanted to tell him that he has lots of Belgian fans, and we love him as an actor, but also as a father, husband and person, he's an exemple ! couldn't was very nervous and crying.

11 comments:

  1. IT'S NOT SO SIMPLE! TO MEEET KING! U HAVE TIME AND U DID THAT! FOR ANOTHER PPL IT'S NOT TOO EASY! I THINK ADN U HAVE A LOT OF MONEY AND LIVE CLOSE TO EUROPE! ME NOT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG U MEET WID SRK,I KNEW IT U GONA MAKE IT AGAIN,M SO HAPPY,I ALWAYS USED TO BELIVE DIS ATHAR DAT U WIL MEET HIM AGAIN,N INSHA ALLAH U WIL MEET SRK AGAIN FOR MORE TIME,SO PROUD OF U,SRK IS A KIND N U R PRINCESS:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. happy that u meet srk , i also will meet him one day insha allah

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks a lot for this interview...very happy to Athar that she managed to meet the king of the Universe Shah Rukh Khan...hope i meet him someday also & be a Bollywood actor like him.
    Ram Khan

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Athar Sedki: I am glad that you got to meet him in person. I hope you get this beautiful opportunity again. I was not aware that there is a strong fan base of SRK in Belgium. Are you aware of any fan clubs or something similar for SRK in Belgium, like the Shahrukhis in Austria? If you are could you please let me know?

    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i'm from Belgium , and it's my dream to meet ShahRukh Khan <3 i really really really hope that i'll meet him one day , I LOVE U KING KHAN! u r the best
    Allah bless u all

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, glad that this still gets a response...I am happy for Athar...

    cheers

    ReplyDelete
  8. Athar my friend :D I am so so proud you girl! Mwah! Thanks Faridoon :) Btw will tweet you about another amazing fan ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. c'"est une gamine et je deteste la miss kinaa mouukhe 0

    ReplyDelete
  10. love u king khan :-)

    ReplyDelete