Faridoon Shahryar's Blog


Thursday, October 13, 2011

Choppy Flight, Ra.one Ties Up With Horlicks

Back in Bombay a short while back. It was a choppy flight since it was raining (spiked by lightening) in Bombay. The turbulent weather ensured it was a bumpy ride. A few of the media guys puked in the plane while a few others got rather panicky. I was worked up from inside but I joined a bunch of guys who were trying to humour everyone around by cracking silly jokes. It definitely eased the tension. When the pilot expertly hit the ground and speeded along, all of us clapped. Rather filmi I must say :)

Dubai trip went well aided by minimum sleep. The press conference and the premiere were covered. The After Party at Armani club (right next to Burj Khaleefa, the tallest building in the world) was great fun. A media contingent from London had also come to cover Azaan premiere in Dubai. As we went back to the awesome Jumeira Beach Hotel in the middle of the night, a lot of song n dance happened in the Bus with a heavy-accented Indo-British guy offering cool entertainment with his unintentionally funny ways.

It is always heartening that each time I come to Dubai or Abu Dhabi, there are several random people who come up and praise my work on Bollywood Hungama. This time, there was an anchor from ARY News, London, a guy who was a B4U VJ and now settled in London, a girl from a Radio Spice, Dubai and another guy while watching Azaan, approached me and lavishly praised my interviews, video reviews etc. It is really encouraging. In fact a colleague of mine told me that I should visit Europe, USA, Africa etc and go in the pockets where Asians reside and it would be surprising that how much people know-n-appreciate my work on Bollywood Hungama.

Ra.one has tied up with Horlicks. There was a press conference in Gurgaon today and according to the press release Shahrukh had graced the function. 'Ra.one' premiere will be happening in Dubai on Oct 24th. Not sure if we will be covering it. According to reports, SRK will be visiting Dubai on Oct 14 with regards to some brand endorsement.
Sent on my BlackBerry® from Vodafone

2 comments:

  1. Finally BB is up and running.What a nightmare for alot of people. Your trip sounds eventful and to add to it the kudos from your peers. I would take their advice and visit the US where there are pockets of asians who know Hungama and your work. I think you would be very surprised.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Margaret...would love to visit US

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete