Faridoon Shahryar's Blog


Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Rockstar Wins Six GIMA Awards


The 3rd Global Indian Music Awards (GiMA) took place yesterday October 3rd at the Yash Raj Studios, Mumbai. It was raining heavily and there was no proper arrangement for the media that had been invited to cover the Red Carpet of the event. 

The ceremony, hosted by Saif Ali Khan and Parineeti Chopra featured performances by Shankar Mahadevan and his sons – Shivam and Siddarth, Sonu Niigaam, Sonkashi Sinha with Mika, Sukhwinder among others. There was a special act dedicated to the musical maestro AR Rahman for completing 20 years in the industry. He was felicitated by Mr Yash Chopra. Alka Yagnik, Hariharan, Udit Narayan, Naresh Iyer, Mohit Chauhan, Chitra, Sonu Niigaam came together to honor the young legend by performing some of his chartbusters hits like ‘Dil Hai Chota Sa’, ‘Tu Hi Re’, ‘Chanda Re Chande Re’, ‘Mitwa’, ‘ Mehndi Hai Rachne Wali’, ‘Ru Ba Ru’, ‘Saathiya’, ‘Sadda Haq’ and ‘Jai Ho’.

Sonakshi Sinha danced to her latest hit songs like ‘Go Go Govinda’, ‘Chinta Ta’ (along with Mika) and her upcoming movie ‘Son of Sardar’. Ajay Devgn joined her on-stage on the title track of ‘Son of Sardar’.

Rockstar won 6 GiMA Awards. There was a tie between Alka Yagnik & Babul Supriyo (Mone-Rob) and Sarvani Sen & Kaushiki Desikan (Yatra 2) for the Best Folk Album in the Non-film Category. 

AR Rahman said, “I was hinted out about the tribute but I did not realize that this will create such a big nostalgia. I have learnt a lot from all these singers who have touched my heart today.  I still remember the day of my first concert in 1996 when most of the singers who sang today, came to watch me. I really thank GiMA for this. I am truly touched.”


No comments:

Post a Comment