Faridoon Shahryar's Blog


Saturday, April 30, 2016

Diary of Day 5 of the India By The Nile festival 2016, Egypt

Diary of Day 5, #IndiaByTheNile #Aswan #Egypt
By Faridoon Shahryar

You realise the worth of life when you do nothing, just let the cool wind caress you gently on a laid back moonlit night, close your eyes and forget all your worries. Top deck of luxurious #OberoiZahra gave me that opportunity a short while back when I lazed around post a sumptuous dinner. We are on a two nights three days #Nile cruise between #Aswan and #Luxur here in #Egypt. It was an early morning flight from #Cairo to Aswan. We were shifted to Oberoi Zahra from Aswan airport.

It is a moving five star hotel with state of the art facilities and impeccable service by a polite and courteous staff. I went to the Gym in the morning and swam in the top deck swimming pool in the evening for a long time. The lunch and dinner were served in a royal manner. The food is excellent and the Chef actually comes and enquires about your personal requirements.

We went to visit the 'Unfinished Obelisk' in Aswan. It was extremely hot when we ventured out in the afternoon but the ancient sight was worth it. Later we went to Philae Temple for which we had to go in a boat since the temple is situated in the middle. It wasn't Nile, it was a reservoir culled out from the water of Aswan Dam. The water was cold and very fresh. The smell was very nice. The Philae temple was a revelation. But what I liked more was the calming peacefulness of the ambience. The boat ride while coming back left me with a wonderful feeling since I was touching the cold water and the wind was very welcoming.

As I prepare to call it a day I am listening to light instrumental music. Somehow for me it is very important to recharge my batteries. I take myself seriously. I take my work seriously. I take my family and friends seriously. So for me to do full justice to all those mentioned above it is very important that I must remain in a relaxed state of mind. This trip to Egypt has been a perfect recipe for that. There are two more days to go and I hope I will be able to dip further in the reservoir of unique experiences. So much for now. Time for me to hit the bed. The cruise will start its voyage at 5 in the morning. Hopefully when I shall wake up tomorrow, I'll be in the middle of the Nile. Sounds fun. Good night guys. Take care. As for all my Egyptian friends, thanks a lot for all your positivity. Best regards. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment